Thursday, February 9, 2012

Have a Heart!

You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to start blogging every day! OK Let's start at every OTHER day. I know blogs are way more interesting when there is new content more frequently and that is my goal.
So for today's post, I want to tell you about a class I'm teaching this weekend at The Knitting Nest in Austin. It should be pretty fun, really easy, and you will go home with probably several projects!

If you're a mom, I KNOW you are busy. Working moms feel like they don't have enough time at home and stay at home moms feel like they are being pulled in all directions all the time too! As women we are caretakers, maids, chefs, frugal shoppers (me! me!), school liaisons, and if we are lucky, we like to do fun things for ourselves.

This Saturday, indulge your crafty side and your mommy side. I'm teaching a crochet class to make teeny tiny crocheted hearts for Valentine's Day. That's not all. Stacy, the ultra-crafty mom and grandma, who also happens to run the Knitting Nest, will have cards and all the supplies you will need to make handmade Valentines so your kids will bring the most popular cards to the party! It will be really easy. Did I say easy? Even if you've never crocheted before, I promise, when I'm done with you, you will have a stack of little crocheted hearts to make Valentines with.


The little heart is attached to a jumbo paperclip and detaches from the card to use as a bookmark. Cute, right?? Inspired by a pin on Pinterest, these will be the coolest cards ever. All the kids will love 'em.

While this is an awesome class for the grownups (not just Mom, of course!), kids can get in on the action later in the day at a Friendship Bracelet class. I know when I was growing up in the late 80s and early 90s, Friendship Bracelets were HUGE. Every week there was some new design someone was making. We put one on and KEPT it on. Never took those things off, even in the shower. I remember pulling tights over my Friendship Anklets, feeling like such a good friend. :)

If you're interested in either of these classes, please call the Knitting Nest at (512) 291-8866 to sign up. I'm also continuing my Thursday morning classes (every other week) with my next class on Thursday, February 16th at 10:00. We're making amigurumi, of course!

5 comments:

  1. I wish you lived in my town! The classes sound fun. We don't have a yarn store around :(

    I remember the friendship bracelets my girlfriends & I made back in the day! Wear 'em til they fall apart :)

    This past summer, to celebrate our parent's 50th, my siblings & I, and all our kids, stayed at my sister's cabin for a week. I brought a friendship bracelet kit as an activity for the kids, who range in age from 9-21. I was really surprised at how much they enjoyed weaving bracelets AND necklaces for themselves, each other & their friends back home.

    Looking forward to more frequent blog entries from you...you've been quite inspirational to me & my return to crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! That sounds so fun making the bracelets with all the kids. Really neat you were able to share that with them :) They will always remember that!

      Delete
  2. Allison, I'm so glad you'll be blogging more! I love your ideas and your patterns are so clear! Will you put up a tutorial for the darling card? I wish I were in your city, I would come to your classes! Can't wait to see what else you've got in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Saturday, indulge your crafty side and your mommy side. I'm teaching a crochet class to make teeny tiny crocheted hearts for Valentine's Day. That's not all. Stacy, the ultra-crafty mom and grandma, who also happens to run the Knitting Nest, little girl in a pink dress , yellow and black dress for little girl , girls red sweater dress , little girl olive green dress will have cards and all the supplies you will need to make handmade Valentines so your kids will bring the most popular cards to the party! It will be really easy. Did I say easy? Even if you've never crocheted before, I promise, when I'm done with you, you will have a stack of little crocheted hearts to make Valentines with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...